"If you do
someone a good turn, you shouldn't expect to get a reward." (p.31)
I read “Pocket Money". This book was very interesting for me, because I have experienced a similar case.
There were friendly family, and they camped out. Then,
there were lots of jobs to be done, and Dad had a good idea which was that
everyone has to help! Also if they did the jobs without a fuss, they got extra
pocket money. That day, Biff and Kipper did lots of jobs to get extra pocket
money. Next day, they went to a shop, and Biff found a nice boat there. She
wanted to buy it, but she didn't have enough money. After that, she did
everyone's jobs to earn all the extra pocket money, but Dad said to her, "That's
not the point, the idea is that we share the jobs." I agree with him, but
I understand Biff's mind.
BIff was upset when they went to the beach the next day.
Then she found a camera which was a lost article of cameraman, and she took it
for a cameraman. He was very pleased, and he wanted to give Biff some money,
but she couldn’t take the money. I thought she was very great! Also Dad and Mum
praised for her, and they gave the extra pocket money to her. Next day, Biff
could buy a nice boat. I thought the story was nice! My family had a similar
rule before, but it didn't continue for a long time, because I did a similar
thing Biff. I wanted to get extra pocket money like Biff, so I really
understand Biff's mind. I recommend the book to you.
Roderick, Hunt. Alex, Brychta. Pocket Money. (2003). Oxford. Oxford University Press.
295/8882words
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿